- Hilary Masell Oswald, “Responsive Redesign.” AMA Marketing News. October 8, 2013.
- Michael A. Stelzner, “2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report: How Marketers are Using Social Media to Grow Their Businesses.” Social Media Examiner. May 2013.
- “GreenBook Research Industry Trends Report, Winter 2013.” GreenBook. March 2013.
- “Ten Higher Education Trends for 2013.” The Lawlor Group. January 2013.
- “The College-Cost Calamity.” The Economist. April 4, 2012
- “Higher Education: Not What It Used to Be.” The Economist. December 1, 2012
- Vince Raimondi, “Data Use: Best practices for well-differentiated questionnaire data.” Quirks Magazine. May 2011.
- Elizabeth Scarborough, “5 More Marketing Questions.” Inside Higher Ed. October 15, 2010.
- Jenna Johnson, “American University, now home to the ‘American Wonk‘.” WashingtonPost.com. September 24, 2010.
- Ellen Byron, “How Social Media is Changing Brand Marketing.” Emarketer.com. September 10, 2010.
- Elizabeth Scarborough, “5 Marketing Questions.” Inside Higher Ed. July 23, 2010.
- Marissa Miley, “A Lot of Branding but Not Much Understanding.” Advertising Age. September 7, 2009.
- Kevin Rector, “Colleges Ponder Name Change.” The Baltimore Sun. June 11, 2008.
- Christopher Simpson and Teresa Valerio Parrot, “University Communications Offices – How Will They Look in 2012?” University Business. January, 2008.
- Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is about Help Not Hype, Jay Baer (2013)
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and in Business, Charles Duhigg (2012)
- Drinking from the Fire Hose: Making Smarter Decisions without Drowning in Information, Christopher J. Frank and Paul Magnone (2011)
- Buyology: Truth and Lies about Why We Buy, Martin Lindstrom (2010)
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions, Dan Ariely (2008)
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies, Jim Collins and Jerry Porras (2004)
- The Hero and the Outlaw: Building Extraordinary Brands through the Power of Archetypes, Margaret Mark and Carol Pearson (2001)
- Celebrate Customer Service: Insider Secrets, Rick Crandall (1999)
- Pursuing Excellence in Higher Education: Eight Fundamental Challenges, Brent Ruben (2003)
- Thirty Ways to Boost Traffic to Your Website Today, Jeff Hamilton and Evelyn Trimborn (2010)
- Weathering the Storm: Protecting Your Brand in the Worst of Times, Christopher Simpson (2007)
- Marketing Professional Services, Philip Kotler and Thomas Hayes Ph.D. and Paul N. Bloom Ph.D. (2002)
- Managing Brand Equity David A. Aaker (1991)
- Building Strong Brands, David A. Aaker (1996)
- Brand Portfolio Strategy: Creating Relevance, Differentiation, Energy, Leverage, and Clarity, David A. Aaker (2004)
- The Culting of Brands: When Customers Become True Believers, Douglas Atkin (2004)
- The Myth of Excellence: Why Great Companies Never Try to be the Best at Everything, Fred Crawford & Ryan Mathews (2001)
- Brand Babble: Sense and Nonsense about Branding, Don Schultz & Heidi Schultz (2003)
- IMC, The Next Generation, Don Schultz & Heidi Schultz (2003)
- Differentiate or Die: Survival in Our Era of Killer Competition, Jack Trout (2000)
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind, Jack Trout & Al Ries (2000)
"Working with SimpsonScarborough has been a truly fulfilling experience. Learning from their expertise has significantly enhanced my professional life."
Kristine Maloney, Associate Director, National Communications and Media Relations
College of the Holy Cross
"Simpson Scarborough adds great value on many fronts from informed insights beyond the research to a work ethic and flexibility that is unrivaled."
David Perry, Chief Marketing Officer