- Hilary Masell Oswald, “Responsive Redesign.” AMA Marketing News. October 8, 2013.
- Michael A. Stelzner, “2013 Social Media Marketing Industry Report: How Marketers are Using Social Media to Grow Their Businesses.” Social Media Examiner. May 2013.
- “GreenBook Research Industry Trends Report, Winter 2013.” GreenBook. March 2013.
- “Ten Higher Education Trends for 2013.” The Lawlor Group. January 2013.
- “The College-Cost Calamity.” The Economist. April 4, 2012
- “Higher Education: Not What It Used to Be.” The Economist. December 1, 2012
- Vince Raimondi, “Data Use: Best practices for well-differentiated questionnaire data.” Quirks Magazine. May 2011.
- Elizabeth Scarborough, “5 More Marketing Questions.” Inside Higher Ed. October 15, 2010.
- Jenna Johnson, “American University, now home to the ‘American Wonk‘.” WashingtonPost.com. September 24, 2010.
- Ellen Byron, “How Social Media is Changing Brand Marketing.” Emarketer.com. September 10, 2010.
- Elizabeth Scarborough, “5 Marketing Questions.” Inside Higher Ed. July 23, 2010.
- Marissa Miley, “A Lot of Branding but Not Much Understanding.” Advertising Age. September 7, 2009.
- Kevin Rector, “Colleges Ponder Name Change.” The Baltimore Sun. June 11, 2008.
- Christopher Simpson and Teresa Valerio Parrot, “University Communications Offices – How Will They Look in 2012?” University Business. January, 2008.
- Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is about Help Not Hype, Jay Baer (2013)
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and in Business, Charles Duhigg (2012)
- Drinking from the Fire Hose: Making Smarter Decisions without Drowning in Information, Christopher J. Frank and Paul Magnone (2011)
- Buyology: Truth and Lies about Why We Buy, Martin Lindstrom (2010)
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions, Dan Ariely (2008)
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies, Jim Collins and Jerry Porras (2004)
- The Hero and the Outlaw: Building Extraordinary Brands through the Power of Archetypes, Margaret Mark and Carol Pearson (2001)
- Celebrate Customer Service: Insider Secrets, Rick Crandall (1999)
- Pursuing Excellence in Higher Education: Eight Fundamental Challenges, Brent Ruben (2003)
- Thirty Ways to Boost Traffic to Your Website Today, Jeff Hamilton and Evelyn Trimborn (2010)
- Weathering the Storm: Protecting Your Brand in the Worst of Times, Christopher Simpson (2007)
- Marketing Professional Services, Philip Kotler and Thomas Hayes Ph.D. and Paul N. Bloom Ph.D. (2002)
- Managing Brand Equity David A. Aaker (1991)
- Building Strong Brands, David A. Aaker (1996)
- Brand Portfolio Strategy: Creating Relevance, Differentiation, Energy, Leverage, and Clarity, David A. Aaker (2004)
- The Culting of Brands: When Customers Become True Believers, Douglas Atkin (2004)
- The Myth of Excellence: Why Great Companies Never Try to be the Best at Everything, Fred Crawford & Ryan Mathews (2001)
- Brand Babble: Sense and Nonsense about Branding, Don Schultz & Heidi Schultz (2003)
- IMC, The Next Generation, Don Schultz & Heidi Schultz (2003)
- Differentiate or Die: Survival in Our Era of Killer Competition, Jack Trout (2000)
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind, Jack Trout & Al Ries (2000)
"Thank you for once again delivering a high-quality, timely product. I look forward to our annual project each year knowing that you are on the other end of it!"
Anne-Marie McCartan, Executive Director
Council of Colleges of Arts & Sciences
"When the Dean of Graduate Studies at the University of Hartford wanted solid data for specific requests, I knew SimpsonScarborough could provide the quality of research needed for our Graduate Council and administration. Their dynamic presentation, down to earth interpretations and summaries were a springboard for future actions. This team is fun, focused and progressive."
Reneé Murphy, Associate Director, Graduate Admissions
University of Hartford